Here’s the recipe I used to pair with aligote if you want to try it yourself!
- Olive Oil (2 tsp)
- Coconut Cream (1/4 cup)
- Large Onion (1/2)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cod Filets (2)
- Brussel Sprouts, halved (6 ounces)
- Baby Spinach (2 cups)
- Allspice (1 tsp)
- Saute brussel sprouts in a seperate pan with a 1 tsp olive oil, salt, and pepper for 5-7 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion and saute in 1 tsp olive oil in a large saucepan under a lid for 2 minutes. Pour in coconut cream.
- Add spinach to onion and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper cod filets and add to large saucepan, spooning the sauce over them. Cover with lid and let cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the brussel sprouts and mix into sauce. At this point you may need to add a little more coconut cream or salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the allspice and let the dish simmer for about 2 more minutes until fish is flaky.
I originally paired this dish with aligote, but it could also be paired with pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc (preferably a more mineral driven pouilly-fume). Enjoy!
One thought on “Cod in Coconut Cream Sauce”
I will definitely make this, it looks great! Thanks
Sent from my iPad